Monday, September 7, 2015

The Gospel is True!

Elder Bednar says, "A missionary is a follower of Jesus Christ who testifies of Him as the Redeemer and proclaims the truths of His gospel."  That is what we did this whole week.  And guess what?  We were led to two new investigators!  We received a phone call from a gentleman Thursday night asking us to go visit his non member daughter and her family- so the next day we did just that.  She let us right into her home and said that for all the years she has ever lived here not one set of missionaries has ever knocked on her door.  Then she says, "Can we feed you?  Would you like to come over for dinner next week?"  It was so cute.  She was so excited that the Sister Missionaries came to her home and made a point to let her family know that they were known and loved.  So special.  The second lady we found is a sweet old African American woman who has strong faith in her Savior.  After teaching her the Plan of Salvation she says, "Hunny, are you going to come see me again?  I love how I feel when you are here!"  I testify that when we live our lives in a way that is pleasing to the Savior, we will be blessed with the spirit.  And this is that same spirit in which people feel and are drawn to; please live in a way that allows you to have the spirit!  It could lead to so many missionary opportunities!

Something that has happened more frequently this week is having some of our investigators tell us, " I've had many people testify with as much conviction as you have about their religion.  So what makes yours any different?" And "Praying is always everyone's answer and everyone says that they were told by God that their church is right."  These stumped me at first.  I rely so heavily on my testimony and prayers to my Father in Heaven.  But yet, so do many others.  Well, I started studying the testimonies of some of our modern day apostles and sweet Prophet.  Those men are ASTOUNDING.  Having graduated from Ivy League Schools, being world renowned, taking part in governmental affairs, being in charge of National and International companies...these men ARE NOT DUMB.  They testify with conviction the same way I do.  In times of doubt or questioning I lean on them and their testimonies- because this church IS true.  I know it. 

Allan F. Packer says, "Change- if needed we must be willing to change.  Frequent small corrections are less painful and disruptive than large course corrections."  As I have been living my life as a missionary I have slowly made changes over the last 12 months I have been serving.  This is so that hopefully when I return from my mission I will be ready to face the world and makes new steps in a forward direction.  I had an interview with my mission President this week and he told me that there are ups and downs in our life.  We won't always be as close to the spirit, we won't always have success, but as long as we are working and living worthily the Lord will use us when he needs us.  I want to make sure that I am always in a state of being where the Savior can use me as an instrument.  It is my worst fear to not be one with the spirit; so I try and live the best I know how and allow for Christ to help me the rest of the way.
We visited the Raleigh Temple while we waited for our interviews with the Mission President!
Some fun things that happened this week:
1. At a lunch/lesson with an investigator I spilled dressing on my white shirt.  The sweet investigator gave me one of hers to wear and sprayed SHOUT on mine.  The shirt she gave me wasn't 100% missionary appropriate, so I was so sheepish as we walked out holding up my shirt in the wind..trying to dry it as fast as possible!

2. We biked this whole week which I  LOVE!  My skirt got caught in my brakes and pulled it all tight- luckily it was a longer skirt but I had to hold it all scrunched up because we were in an INTERSECTION! Haha
3. Yesterday being fast sunday was great!  But close to dinner time I started craving PB&J and Cereal (as usual.)  The sweet family we were visiting gave me a take home baggie of cereal so I could eat it later and fill that craving haha!
4. Sunday morning I took my hair out of a braid and it ACTUALLY LOOKED GOOD.  Well we had to walk to church that morning since we didn't have our car.  We get there, go to the bathroom and in the mirror I see my reflection!  I looked like a Dandelion Weed!  I was mad and put it in a bun for the rest of the day.  One day I will have nice hair again! Ha

I am so grateful for the challenges we go through.  Not because they are fun or easy, but because afterwards we come out more glorious and powerful than before. 
I love you and can't wait to hear from you! :)

Write letters ;)
1216 Holly Field Dr.
Morrisville NC 27560

No comments:

Post a Comment