Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Serious Mishap!

So I accidentally hit a curb and busted our car tire last weekend..I broke my collar bone playing soccer at our Zone Activity, I can't do ANYTHING on my own, and then the mission president asks me "well did anyone at least get a good video of it?!" when he heard about my fall. It was funny.  I got a blessing and some drugs afterwards and will be in a sling for 4 weeks.  Surgery is not an immediate need and we will go to Raleigh on Monday to see a Dr. to make sure I will heal correctly.  For a girl who has never even dented a car, never fractured a bone...this was a rough week! hah.  So please excuse any errors or sloppy sentences- I am now typing with 1 hand.  Not so Golden...bahaha.
Changing the flat tire

Getting our tire fixed at Mr Tire

Urgent Care

Broken clavicle with bone fragment

The elders brought me some cookies!

This week was different (besides the obvious reasons.)  But I was able to see the Lord's hand very prevelantly in my life as a missionary this week. We went to go see a less active sister even though it wasn't planned and we brought some cake we were given.  She let us in and immediately ate the whole thing.  She started crying and said she needed our visit because this week was really hard for her since her husband has passed away.  I was glad we listened to the prompting to go and see her.






Tuesday of lasdt week we had our first transfer training meeting with {President and his wifwe plus
the assistants.  It was so great! We are becoming such good missionaries because of what Presidebnt is emphasizing and focusing on.  I love it!




So North Carolina has a motto.  'Esse quam videri' in latin.  It means to Be rather than to seem.  I love that.  We should always strive to be our best selves- not something fake, or what we think others want us to be.  We should focus our efforts on pleasing Christ who will help us become so much more than what we could ever make of ourselves.

I love this quote I came across in my studies as well.  "The Lord instructs his servants to be humble because the process of being made whole spiritually begins with a broken heart.  Think of all thgood that comes from broken things.  Soil is broken to make wheat.  Wheat is broken to make bread.  Bread is broken to become the emblems of the sacrament.  When one who is repentant partakes of the sacrament with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, he or she becomes whole."

Apply that today!
<3 Sister Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment