Monday, February 22, 2016

My Last Two Weeks!

So I only have some time for a few highlights from this last week!

HERB is amazing.  We have been teaching him for almost 7 or 8 weeks now, and have grown to really love that man!  Each time we teach him something new he accepts it readily, studies, prays and comes back telling us he knows it is true.  He is so excited for his upcoming baptism.  He came to a fireside the missionaries put on last night and said it was very enlightening and wished he had found the church earlier.  He always had religion, but when he started learning about the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he said he felt at home.  I loved that. 
Herb is in the middle of us!
This week we also had interviews with President James and his sweet wife.  It is weird to think that it was my last one as a full time missionary.  But the culmination of what I have learned on my mission is something I won't ever be able to forget, nor would I want to.  It has shaped me and created a canvas on which I can continue to work on for the rest of my life.
Ward Missionaries
As we come across people each day with such different beliefs and such different opinions, I find myself grateful for my testimony and knowledge.  I love everyone we meet (yes, even the challenging individuals) and try my best to share with them what I know will make them happy.
The McEwen's
I am thankful for these past 17.8 months I have had to learn, grow, and serve.  The people you work with and associate with out in the world will be drawn to you because of your desire to be like the Savior. Let your love for Him shine from your eyes. Let there be no doubt that He is who you follow. You have an understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ that the world needs to see and feel. The Book of Mormon is what teaches and clarifies the Atonement in a way that changes our hearts so that we can be born again.   Let us do our best to let other people see our truth and light.  As missionaries we have the capacity to bless many people here in North Carolina with our talents and abilities that are magnified in the Lord.  Go forward to teach and testify.
“Our talent is God’s gift to us. How we use that talent is our gift to him. My sincere hope and prayer is that God finds my gift back to him a worthy one. May God bless you, keep you and continue the good fight of faith.” –Emmitt Thomas

Love, Sister Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment