Monday, July 27, 2015

Goals and success!

This week was a great one for us because we hit the pavement hard with goals in mind.  We had Zone Conference this week and President James really stressed Hard work+obedience+diligence = success.  I agree.  And you know what I like?  I can take that and apply it into my life even after my mission!  We had to perform, for him and his wife in front of every other missionary in the room,  what we had been practicing...giving the Restoration lesson in under 4 minutes with the two scriptures and memorized account from Joseph Smith.  Whooh!  Was I nervous!  But I pretended not to be and acted really excited so that Sister Burdette wouldn't freak out.  She is a total introvert- which is so great because she evens me out.  Her and I are having some fun times together:)
There was a senior missionary couple there who are both Psychologists and help missionaries with their emotional issues.  That day they instructed us on how to cope with a companion who is the opposite of us..or in other words how to deal with extroverts and introverts!  It was great.  I learned that I am a definite extrovert!  Haha.  Go figure.  I love being with other people, teaching, and knocking on doors. 
Knocking on doors!
Another thing that was emphasized was using our sweet members in teaching others about the gospel.  Not only is it more effective, but the members bring a special testimony and spirit there.  Plus they are more permanent than we are...
So Sister Burdette and I went out this week and found people to teach, brought members with us, and found new investigators. I wish missionary work was like this every day!  Haha.  But we have bad days to show us the Lord's tender mercies and to let us know that we really do need to rely on Him for everything. 

I was able to go to Sanford with Sister Richardson this week.  It was a SUPER great exchange and I learned a lot from her.  We were actually in the MTC together. 
Exchanges
Sister Richardson
We had a spiritual moment together before we headed back to meet our real companions.  We were going to go teach their investigator that is working towards baptism, but on the way there Sister R. said she felt like we shouldn't go see her.  So we both decided to go and see a potential investigator that they have been having a hard time hooking up with.  So we go to knock on her door and sadly she isn't home.  Why did Heavenly Father give us the impression to come here if it was just to knock on an empty house.  We saw a lady in the yard at the next house and I said that we should go and ask her if she had known the woman we were searching for.  I didn't want to really because it was an area I didn't know and I didn't want to bother her.  But onward I walked!  We ended up talking to her for a good 5 minutes and then she started asking us questions about what we do and what our church is like.  Over the next 20 minutes 4 kids trickled out one by one, followed by a husband.  We ended up teaching this whole family on the spot and had a prayer with them, all holding hands.  After I said Amen, I looked up and the mom was crying.  She was feeling the spirit and said to us, "I know that Jesus didn't send you here on accident."  This family accepted a return appointment from the sisters for the following week!  Isn't that great?!

Saturday we had a really fun dual-ward pioneer day activity and picnic out on a lake.  I was really sad I couldn't jump in and swim around but I will sacrifice!  Ha.  It was fun.  There was really good BBQ, kids found mini turtles in the water, some investigators came, (yay!) and later that night we got to go see Linda our new investigator. 

I have been studying a little bit about 'Desire' this week.  If we don't have any desire, then why would we want to move forward...or in any direction at all? I think desire is where it all starts.  Your desires determine your agency. And your agency determines who you become. Brother Ridd said, “Ultimately, the choice is yours. You have agency. Each choice takes you closer to or further from what you are meant to become. Always ask yourself, ‘Where will this choice lead?’ Develop the ability to see beyond the moment. Elder Oaks said, "Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming."

I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you.  Keep doing what is right, and know I am praying for you :)
<3 Mally Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment