Monday, October 20, 2014

Raleigh Temple



So this weekend we were able to go to the Raleigh temple.  It is a beautiful temple, and is rather small, almost like a stake center.  You have to make reservations way in advance to get into a session!  We were accompanied by a wonderful woman in our ward who drove us there and back and got us lunch at Chipotle afterwards.  It was such a fun day!  We left at 7 in the morning and got back at 7 that evening!  How crazy is that!  I loved every second of it though - I wish we could go more often!  I hope you get a chance to attend the temple soon:)  There are so many blessings we can receive if we go.

Another great thing from this week is that one of our investigators, Brooke, who has been taking lessons for 2 years asked to be baptized November 1st!  She is making so much progress and now her 18 year old daughter wants to take lessons as well.  Her husband wants them to be a part of the ward when he gets back from deployment in February so he can just jump right in. 

Second, our new investigator Mellisa came to church for the second time since we found her two weeks ago!  This Sunday she surprised us and brought her 2 step sons, their little friend, and her husbands cousin!  Amber, her husbands cousin, says she wants to come back because this is the best she has felt in any church!  How amazing! :)  How we welcome and make a point to say hello to new people at church drastically changes their views and makes them more prone to come back again!

In one of our lessons we were able to watch the Joseph Smith movie with Gabby and Erin who have been taking lessons for about a month.  Her mom who is a devoted Catholic came out and ended up watching the WHOLE movie with us.  At the end she was very impressed and said she had learned a lot!  By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass, right?? ;) Maybe this is the beginning of her conversion story!

This last week I participated in my first missionary exchange!  The sister training leaders in our zone come and switch with one of us to see how we are doing in our area.  I was super nervous because I am still training and didn't know if I could lead out the whole 24 hours we were together!  But it ended up going well and we had a really powerful lesson with a less active woman who ended up coming to Sacrament meeting yesterday:)

I also was able to see my first banana spider this week.  It was quite horrid and I would be quite alright if I were to never see one again.  It was huge.  Literally could eat a banana.  So gross, haha.  There was also a cockroach in our room that we had to chase around and kill!  Those little buggars are fast, let me tell you!

The weather is starting to get cooler!  I don't like it...it is supposed to be the worst winter that NC will have seen.  Just my luck.  I come from Rexburg’s worst winter straight to NC’s worst winter.  Good thing I have a large fluffy coat ;)

Halloween is coming soon!  I hope you all have fun but safe plans! Eat some chili for me and some candy!  I love you all and pray for you every day!
Lots of Love,
Sister Mallory Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment